I was born 1987 in the former German Democratic Republic (a.k.a. "East Germany") and began to develop an interest in technology very early. I wasn't even 7 years in age when I configured DOS-running PCs with IRQ/DMA-changes due to a new soundcard or stuff like that. I also started programming my own applications in that time. For a long time, this was my by far most time-consuming and most expensive hobby. I also specialized in this fields while I was in school or at University.
Though, around 2006, I went out of home and lived on my own. To show my parents some pics of where I lived, I took their (bridge) camera and made some shots. It didn't take long until I realized I was into photography, too. So, after learning lots about photography, I spent quite a lot money on my first DSLR, to be followed by a couple of lenses, filters, and other stuff (and, subsequently, a new DSLR). Since this moment, photography became my most expensive hobby and my most beloved passion. Additionally, I also write some poetry (usually about love or death) since I am 10 - you can find some of those poems in my gallery, too.
I love to catch land-, water- and skyscapes, portraits of people and since I got my macro lens, also the tiniest things on Earth. Every now and then, I feel the need to "test" and "play" a bit with the camera, or to try out some new stuff I heard about. And as long as there are new things to discover every day in photography, I won't stop to explore them
My current line-up:
* Canon EOS 550D
* Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM
* Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM
* Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
* Canon 85mm f/1.2 L II USM
* Tamron 90mm f/2.8 SP AF DI MACRO
* some protection-, ND- and polarizer filters for 72 and 82 mm
* a total of 68 GB of memory card storage space
* Canon EOS 6D
* Canon 14mm f/2.8 L II USM
* Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM
* Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM
* Canon 24-105mm f/4.0 L IS USM
* Canon 100mm f/2.8 L Makro IS USM
* Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM
* Canon 135mm f/2.0 L USM
* Canon 600mm f/4.0 L IS II USM
- some of those lenses as a replacement for existing ones, others as an addition
My other hobbies include:
Photomanipulation, Architecture, Engines, Computers, Programming, Games,...